Sweet and Spicy Peanuts
If watching baseball makes you crave peanuts, try this spiced up snack. I love how quick and easy it is to put together. And it's always fun to see your guests reaching for more. —Brenda Caughell, Durham, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in peanuts. Stir for 1
- minute. Pour onto waxed paper; cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 2 cups.