Sweet and Spicy Jerk Ribs
This no-fuss recipe takes just minutes to prepare. With its sweet, fruity sauce, these ribs will become an anytime favorite for the whole family. — Geri Lesch, New Pork Richey, Florida
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; brush with oil and rub with jerk
- seasoning. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat
- from sauce before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 1,082 calories, 61 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 220 mg cholesterol, 2,498 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 45 g protein.