Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken
This simple recipe has become my family's favorite way to eat chicken. The blend of sweet and spicy is perfect. —Melissa Ball, Pearisburg, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over chicken. Moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack
- to coat lightly.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 207 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of