- ground beef, onions and garlic to the pan; cook and stir over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Return steak to the pan; stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours or until
- beef is tender. Yield: 13 servings (1 cup each).
Editor's Note: When cutting hot peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face. The following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 338 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 912 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 23 g protein.