Sweet and Spicy Chili Recipe
This recipe for sweet and spicy chili is the result of much experimenting. I knew I had perfected it when my husband took a pot to work, where one guy ate five bowls himself!
- 3/4 pound beef sirloin tip steak, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 can (12 ounces) root beer
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil. Remove and set aside. Add the ground beef, onions and garlic to the pan; cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- 2. Return steak to the pan; stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Yield: 13 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup equals 338 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 912 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Spicy Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC