Sweet and Sour Zucchini
I have made this many times for potlucks. Everyone loves it and it travels nicely, too. It's a wonderful way to use up the prolific zucchini that we all have in such abundance in the summertime.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients; mix well. Stir in
- vegetables. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 174 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.