“I've made this recipe many times-everyone who tastes it raves about it,” writes Dorothy Havner of San Rafael, California. One bite of this moist meat loaf, and you will too!
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg or egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; set aside. In another bowl, combine the egg, onion, crackers, parsley, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons reserved tomato mixture. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a 4-in. x 3-in. oval.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with remaining tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Sour Meat Loaf in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p11
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Turkey Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review