Sweet-and-Sour Squash Salad Recipe
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the yellow squash, zucchini, celery, onion and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Squash Salad
"I made this for a side at a BBQ this past weekend, and it was a big hit - even among non-veggie lovers. It was very refreshing and light. I was originally planning to maybe steam the squash, but sliced it thin, left it raw, and it was perfect. Very colorful and pretty dish too."
"A big hit at potlucks!!"
"A new family favorite! Easy to prepare, and tastes great. I'll be using the dressing on other salads as well."
"Always get compliments when I make this salad!"
"I made this salad for a family cookout and everyone loved it. I am emailing it to them.Lorrie NH"
"Cut the recipe down so that it makes just enough for yourself."
"This squash salad was great! Mine did not get soggy and stayed crunchy even after a second day in the refrigerator. It does make a lot, so it is a good side dish to bring to a family function."
"I loved this salad! The only problem was that it made a lot and my kids and husband did not care for it. Way too much for just myself. It did get a little soggy after being in the fridge for 5 hours. This probably would not be one to keep in the fridge for more than a day if you like your squash and zucchini with some crunch. I will be making this again, but I will have to make it for a social or function so I can share it with others that will eat it, as my family won't."