Sweet-and-Sour Squash Salad Recipe
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the yellow squash, zucchini, celery, onion and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Squash Salad
Sort By :
"I made this for a side at a BBQ this past weekend, and it was a big hit - even among non-veggie lovers. It was very refreshing and light. I was originally planning to maybe steam the squash, but sliced it thin, left it raw, and it was perfect. Very colorful and pretty dish too."
"I had a potluck dinner to go to and had to work. that morning I made this salad and let it sit in the fridge until the dinner. talk about easy. I had never made it but it went together like a snap!! I came home with no salad everyone wanted the recipe."
"A big hit at potlucks!!"
"A new family favorite! Easy to prepare, and tastes great. I'll be using the dressing on other salads as well."
"Always get compliments when I make this salad!"