Sweet-and-Sour Squash Salad Recipe
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup each chopped green and sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the yellow squash, zucchini, celery, onion and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Squash Salad
Sort By :
I made this for a side at a BBQ this past weekend, and it was a big hit - even among non-veggie lovers. It was very refreshing and light. I was originally planning to maybe steam the squash, but sliced it thin, left it raw, and it was perfect. Very colorful and pretty dish too.
I had a potluck dinner to go to and had to work. that morning I made this salad and let it sit in the fridge until the dinner. talk about easy. I had never made it but it went together like a snap!! I came home with no salad everyone wanted the recipe.
A big hit at potlucks!!
A new family favorite! Easy to prepare, and tastes great. I'll be using the dressing on other salads as well.
Always get compliments when I make this salad!