From Rochelle, Illinois, Debi Hetland relates, "This warm appetizer is so simple to make but so tasty," She uses cherry pie filling, chunks of pineapple and a little brown sugar to create a fruity sauce that's just perfect for mini sausage links.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place sausages in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- pie filling, pineapple and brown sugar; pour over sausages. Cover
- and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Keep warm.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer