From Rochelle, Illinois, Debi Hetland relates, "This warm appetizer is so simple to make but so tasty," She uses cherry pie filling, chunks of pineapple and a little brown sugar to create a fruity sauce that's just perfect for mini sausage links.
Recommended: BBQ Recipes Across America
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place sausages in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, pineapple and brown sugar; pour over sausages. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Keep warm. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-And-Sour Smokies in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p45
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Smokies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2009
"I have made these an number of times when entertaining and they have always been a hit.Paulette A"
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2008
"I love making these for get-togethers. Everyone eats them up."