From Rochelle, Illinois, Debi Hetland relates, "This warm appetizer is so simple to make but so tasty," She uses cherry pie filling, chunks of pineapple and a little brown sugar to create a fruity sauce that's just perfect for mini sausage links.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place sausages in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, pineapple and brown sugar; pour over sausages. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Keep warm. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-And-Sour Smokies in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p45
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Smokies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2009
"I have made these an number of times when entertaining and they have always been a hit.Paulette A"
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2008
"I love making these for get-togethers. Everyone eats them up."