Sweet-and-Sour Skewered Shrimp
This recipe is a summertime favorite. We fix it often on our portable grill when we go boating. My husband thinks it's great. It's the sauce that makes it!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 30 uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 2 pounds)
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 1 to 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a
- boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat;
- cool. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting. Place remaining sauce in a
- large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag; refrigerate for
- 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread the shrimp, green peppers and
- mushrooms alternately on six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill,
- uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2 minutes on each side. Turn and
- brush with reserved sauce. Continue grilling for 4-8 minutes or
- until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting several times. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon