Sweet-and-Sour Skewered Shrimp Recipe
This recipe is a summertime favorite. We fix it often on our portable grill when we go boating. My husband thinks it's great. It's the sauce that makes it!
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 30 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 2 pounds)
- 1 to 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cool. Set aside 1/2 cup for basting. Place remaining sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread the shrimp, green peppers and mushrooms alternately on six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2 minutes on each side. Turn and brush with reserved sauce. Continue grilling for 4-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting several times. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Skewered Shrimp in Country Extra July 1997, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Skewered Shrimp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >