Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Tired of you usual shrimp recipes? Canned cherry pie filling adds convenience to this delightful dish that takes only minutes to prepare.—Cherry Marketing Institute.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger;
- mix well. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add
- green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for
- 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are heated through. Do not over cook.
- Serve over rice.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 370 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.