Sweet and Sour Shrimp Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger; mix well. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are heated through. Do not over cook. Serve over rice.
1 cup: 370 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Shrimp
"I also added 2 tbsp soy sauce, and some garlic"
"A little bland."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.