Sweet and Sour Shrimp Recipe
Tired of you usual shrimp recipes? Canned cherry pie filling adds convenience to this delightful dish that takes only minutes to prepare.Cherry Marketing Institute.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger; mix well. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are heated through. Do not over cook. Serve over rice.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Shrimp in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Shrimp(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >