Tired of you usual shrimp recipes? Canned cherry pie filling adds convenience to this delightful dish that takes only minutes to prepare.—Cherry Marketing Institute.
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger; mix well. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp are heated through. Do not over cook. Serve over rice.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Shrimp in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p19
Reviews forSweet and Sour Shrimp
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2011
"I also added 2 tbsp soy sauce, and some garlic"
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2009
"A little bland."