Here's a tasty twist to pasta salad that my family really enjoys. The sweet-and-sour dressing is irresistible.Sheryl Christian, Watertown, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or mostaccioli
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold
- water. Place in a bowl; add pepper, cucumber and onion. In a jar
- with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake until
- sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad; toss. Chill. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 254 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.