Here's a tasty twist to pasta salad that my family really enjoys. The sweet-and-sour dressing is irresistible.—Sheryl Christian, Watertown, Wisconsin
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or mostaccioli
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a bowl; add pepper, cucumber and onion. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad; toss. Chill. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Salad in Country Woman January/February 1996, p37
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2010
"I make this every holiday! My fahter in law loves it :)"