Sweet-and-Sour Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with bone side down on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes; drain. Reduce heat to 350°; cover and bake 1 hour longer.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Combine juice and cornstarch; add to saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add pineapple, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and remaining salt; mix well. Spoon over ribs. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 1,001 calories, 70 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 271 mg cholesterol, 1,610 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 63 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Ribs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.