Sweet-and-Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, ginger and pepper. Stir in the water, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved juice until smooth.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and onion in oil for 4-8 minutes or until tender. Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add green pepper and reserved pineapple. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,190 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Pork
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.