Sweet and Sour Pork Kabobs Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Small red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add carrots. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until almost tender; drain well. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Set pineapple aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over cubed pork; let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate the pork, carrots, peppers and reserved pineapple. Grill over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat is tender, basting with reserved marinade. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 protein, 1 bread; also, 238 calories, 278 mg sodium, 79 mg cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrate, 25 gm protein, 8 gm fat.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Pork Kabobs
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer