Sweet and Sour Pork Kabobs Recipe
Making these zesty pork kabobs is as much fun as eating them. And as a 4-H leader with a quartet of 4-H'ers of my own at home, I can count on plenty of help preparing them. My husband enjoys grilling our kabobs outdoors. On rainy days, he broils them up juicy and tender in the oven. Either way, I always make sure to make enough for seconds.
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3/4 pound boneless pork, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Small red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add carrots. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until almost tender; drain well. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over cubed pork; let stand for 30 minutes.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate the pork, carrots, peppers and reserved pineapple. Grill over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat is tender, basting with reserved marinade. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Pork Kabobs in Country Woman January/February 1990, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Pork Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >