Sweet-and-Sour Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Place pork chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, ketchup, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt. Pour over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until the meat is tender. Remove chops to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain pan juices into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water; add to pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 268 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, trace fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Pork Chops
"My family enjoyed this recipe. I used smoked pork chops instead of a center cut chop. The sauce kept the chops moist and delicious! When using smoked pork chops cut the cooking time to approximately 45 minutes. I will be using this recipe again!"
"Easy preparation but just an average meal. Nothing to get too excited about."
"My husband didn't like it so much ... I agree with the previous reviewer that it was a little bland. Maybe pineapple chunks would have made it more interesting?"
"I might make this again but it was a little bland."
"My boys loved it, even said it was excellent!!"
"This sounds delicious!I AM adding it to 'my recipes'STAT!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.