Sweet-and-Sour Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. Place pork chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine pineapple juice, ketchup, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt. Pour over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until the meat is tender. Remove chops to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain pan juices into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water; add to pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.