Sweet-and-Sour Pork Chops
My family is one of several pork producers in this area, so I'm always looking for pork recipes. This one's easy to make because you don't have to brown the meat before baking. That's one of the reasons I like it so much.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 pork loin chops (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place pork chops in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine
- pineapple juice, ketchup, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt. Pour
- over the chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover
- and bake about 30 minutes longer or until the meat is tender. Remove
- chops to a serving platter and keep warm. Strain pan juices into a
- saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water; add to pan juices. Cook and
- stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a