Sweet-and-Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, ginger and pepper. Stir in the water, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved juice until smooth.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork and onion in oil for 4-8 minutes or until tender. Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add green pepper and reserved pineapple. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Pork
Sort By :
"This was just ok. Very sour. Probably won't make again."
"This is awesome! Next time I'll double the recipe to have leftovers! Also, used only 1 T. of red wine vinegar. May add some more veggies next time, but either way, this is a definite keeper!"
"This is a very easy to prepare recipe. The only things I did differently were to use fresh pineapple instead of canned and also I added a small can of sliced water chestnuts and a small can of sliced bamboo shoots and served it over rice vermicelli instead of regular rice. I tripled the recipe so that both my husband and I would have enough for quick lunches for a couple of days. The kids don't care for left-overs, but we DO!"
"We all enjoyed this meal, but I had to double the recipe to get enough for my large family! It was a bit tangy, so I may use less vinegar next time! We like it a little more sweet and a bit less sour! :)"
"Liked that I had all the ingredients on hand for this recipe but would rate the flavour as average. Not enough bite to it."