Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place the chicken and marinade in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 149 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.