Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place the chicken and marinade in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 149 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken
"I thought I might have to refrigerate long than 30 minutes to get full-flavor, but because of time restraints I couldn't and it was very good just as stated. I used red wine vinegar because of an allergy, but everything else as printed; it took about 30 minutes to get done using breasts that I cut thin. Everyone really enjoyed it!"
"This was really good. I used pineapple tidbits instead of crushed pineapple because that's what I had on hand. I think I ended up having too much pineapple juice. The juices were really runny. The pineapple was the best part of the meal though. Next time I'll try the recipe with the crushed and see if that makes a difference. The flavor was good. My only complaint is my chicken took 50 minutes to cook at 350 degrees and I had even butterflied my chicken breasts to make them thinner."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.