"Pineapple and soy sauce pair nicely for marinating chicken breasts," says field editor Emma Magielda of Amsterdam, New York. "The meat comes out of the oven moist and tasty."
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken and marinade in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p17
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review