Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs Appetizer Recipe
My sister served these meatballs as a holiday treat one year. Now, when I make them, someone always asks for the recipe.—Gigi Trapp, Mt. Caramel, Illinois
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, finely chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Prepared sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- 1. Combine bread crumbs and milk in small bowl; set aside. Meanwhile, combine ground beef, sausage, water chestnuts, soy sauce, garlic powder and onion salt. Add to bread crumb mixture; mix well. Form into 1-1/2-in. meatballs. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, drain. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce if desired. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs Appetizer
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC