Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs; crumble beef over top and mix well. Add onion and half of tomato sauce. Press into 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. In saucepan, combine the sugars, vinegar, mustard and remaining tomato sauce; bring to boil. Pour over meat loaf; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf(35)
Sort By :
I made this for dinner tonight and it turned out really well. I even used 93% fat reduced ground beef, no added salt tomato sauce, and whole wheat bread crumbs. My husband says this is the best meatloaf he has ever had, which even beats his own recipe! He said this is a good departure from the traditional meatloaf. It is not too sweet yet not too sour either. So I would say this is a winner..winner!! We will be making this recipe again for sure.
Sorry I didn't like this one...some of my family did but I will stick with the tried and try Meat Loaf
This was really a hit...my boyfriend loved it and the leftovers were just great...so easy!
Btw, calories on this is incorrect. I used Chuck & the total calories per servings was 548 calories.
All the family members (even the picky eaters) loved this recipe. It was very easy and one that I'm sure will be used many times!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >