Sweet and Sour Meat Loaf
My husband, Bob, and I like basic, hearty meat-and-potatoes meals. This old family favorite really fits the bill…and does so often. Its sweet/sour flavor adds a deliciously different twist to this longtime standby! I hardly ever make "plain" meat loaf anymore. You may not, either, once you've taste this one. —Debbie Haneke, Stafford, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and eggs;
- crumble beef over top and mix well. Add onion and half of tomato
- sauce. Press into 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. In saucepan, combine the sugars,
- vinegar, mustard and remaining tomato sauce; bring to boil. Pour
- over meat loaf; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 419 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.