- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, dry soup mix, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an oval loaf.
- Place in a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the sugars, vinegar and remaining ketchup; drizzle over meat loaf. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This is a family favorite! I now just make my meatloaf the way I want but I still ALWAYS use the sweet and sour topping. It is amazing! Just absolutely love it. My super picky husband loves it. He likes NOTHING!"
"I have used this recipe over and over and for me and my family it is our favorite ."
"i love this recipe. the only difference is that i bake mine instead of using the microwave. its the best meatloaf ever"
"My family loved this recipe. My husband was late getting in for supper and I literally had to hide two pieces for him before my 12 & 6 year old ate it all!"
"This is the family favorite in our house. The kids love it too!"