Sweet and Sour Ham Recipe
I CAME UP with this recipe several summers ago. I had a ham in the refrigerator and was trying to avoid heating up the kitchen by preparing it in the oven. The stovetop was the solution. Ever since, this recipe has been my standby for when I have leftover ham. Served over rice, it's delicious! Diane Widmer Blue Island, Illinois
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of juice; set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the reserved juice, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar. Add ham and green pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ham mixture over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until pepper is tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple and heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Ham in Reminisce Extra April 1997, p47
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Ham(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >