Sweet-and-Sour Garlic Pork Dish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound boneless lean pork roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (1-inch pieces)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, cook pork in oil until browned. Add the pineapple, corn syrup, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the green pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Stir the cornstarch mixture and stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and green pepper is crisp-tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 650 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 985mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Garlic Pork Dish
"I have made this several times now and I love it. I usually use leftover pork roast and sometimes add sliced carrots. So good!"