When I was growing up, Dad made this so much it became our "house" dressing. This recipe makes a nice big batch that you can conveniently keep in your refrigerator.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and seasonings. Add vinegar; stir
- until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil and corn syrup until well
- blended. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 139 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.