- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 small green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and salt. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with pineapple and green pepper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth, vinegar, ketchup and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Chops in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Chops(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review