Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; place pineapple over chicken. Whisk the brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt, ginger and reserved juice until smooth; pour over top.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup sauce and 2-1/2 pineapple slices (calculated without rice) equals 572 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 69 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.