- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 to 14 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Drain pineapple; reserving juice. Place pineapple over chicken. Whisk the brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt, ginger and reserved juice until smooth; pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple(7)
Sort By :
This was a tasty dish that my kids just loved! Had a friend stop by while it was cooking & asked what it was then proceeded to ask for the recipe!! It was a little too sweet so when I make it again I will reduce the amount of brown sugar in it.
This was so easy to make and very tasty. It will be one of my favorites.
This dish was the tastiest crock pot dinner I've ever made. So flavorful and healthy! Served it with steamed broccoli topped off the dinner.
This was delicious. Even my daughter, who strangely hates all sauces, marinades and condiments, LOVED this. I will definitely be making this again, and sharing the recipe.
I made this when I was reminiscing about our anniverary trip to Hawaii we took this time last year. It was good--I didn't have any ginger so I left it out. I think it needs some more brown sugar but overall it was good and my husband liked it so it will go in my recipe box :)
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >