Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 16 chicken wings
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker; add sugar mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Transfer wings to a serving dish and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over chicken. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 each equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer