Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets
Homemade chicken nuggets are better than any store-bought version could ever be. With the simple special sauce, these appetizers work well for special occasions and every day.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and lemon-pepper
- seasoning. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken for
- about 5 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan,
- combine sauce ingredients; stir until heated through. Serve with
- chicken. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer