- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken for about 5 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p7
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review