Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Homemade chicken nuggets are better than any store-bought version could ever be. With the simple special sauce, these appetizers work well for special occasions and every day.
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a bowl or plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and lemon-pepper seasoning. Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken for about 5 minutes or until juices run clear. In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; stir until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Party Appetizers >
- Quick Appetizers >