Apricot preserves give a different twist to this saucy sweet-and-sour chicken from Melanie May of Fishers, Indiana. With just five ingredients, it's a snap to stir up and serve over rice.
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves or spreadable fruit
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Golden Chicken Casserole in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review