- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; coat chicken. In a skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Saute the celery, green peppers and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken pan. Combine the ketchup, lemon juice, pineapple and brown sugar; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
Sort By :
The whole family loves this one. My young kids, husband and grandparents. Straight forward to make with no fancy, expensive ingredients.