Sweet and Sour Carrots Recipe
I’ve rounded out many dinners with my carrots. I like them best with a main dish of roast turkey, brisket or braised short ribs.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and orange juice. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir in cranberries and orange peel; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add carrots and water; stir until well coated. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir in the pine nuts, vinegar, salt and cranberry mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until carrots are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 184 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sweet and Sour Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC