Sweet and Sour Cabbage
After I came up with this recipe, I finally succeeded in getting my kids to eat cooked cabbage. I think the touch of sweet flavor was appealing.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; set aside.
- Saute cabbage and onion in drippings until tender. Add remaining
- ingredients; stir until thickened. Stir in bacon. Serve warm. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 75 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.