Here’s one dish that never gets old in our house. Tender and juicy, with a great sweet and sour twist. We’d eat it every night if we could! —Jolie Albertazzie, Moreno Valley, California
Featured In: 23 Classic Recipes for Your Passover Seder
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, raisins, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic. Pour half into a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Transfer to slow cooker. Top with remaining tomato mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with tomato mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Brisket in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p50
Reviews forSweet and Sour Brisket
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2016
"Very good! It makes a lot of sauce, so I froze some for future use."