- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and reserved juice until blended; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and water chestnuts in oil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. In the same pan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the reserved vegetable mixture and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Beef with Broccoli
Sort By :
"Not very flavorful, and did not taste at all like sweet and sour. I do not recomend this recipe."
"Our family loved this dish! It's easy and healthy and the kids enjoyed it. I can't ask for more than that!"
"It was bland and will not try again."
"There are so many flavorful components of this recipe, so it was a surprise to find the taste was unbelievably bland. Not bad but not worth keeping."
"This is a great recipe and easy to make. I used the pineapple juice but didn't add the tidbits and it still tasted great!"