- 2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, onions, carrots, green pepper, pineapple, vinegar, brown sugar, corn syrup, chili powder, paprika and salt; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Beef Stew
Sort By :
"I loved the flavor with the sweet and sour blend. Yummy!"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this meal. Our kids liked it, but not as much as the adults."
"this was very tasty, but a bit too sweet, will leave out the corn syrup next time. I served it over egg noodles and added cabbage. It is similar to swiss steak, but tangier."
"I'm sorry I rated this before,which is accurate, but this just got better the next day!!! It really deserves 2 rating's! My thought's keep coming back to this recipe...I can't wait to make it again!"
"i made it out of venison stew meat and marinated in some wine,worchester sauce and a rub 4 two hrs. prior. then when browning added a little kitchen bouquet. i added snow pea's and a half a can of bean sprout's and 1/2 can more of tomato sauce . my husband,daughter and son-in-law thought it was out of this world!!!she want's the recipe now. This has gone into our recipe box to be made many more times!!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!!! I definitely will be looking for your recipes in the future!!!!Keep up the good work!!"