- celery, carrot, sugar, vinegar and wine or broth if desired. Stir in
- the browning sauce, Worcestershire, tomato sauce, bouillon and
- seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, until vegetables are tender.
- Combine flour and oil until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Refrigerate
- Yield: 8-10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 161 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.