Sweet-and-Sour Baked Chicken Recipe
This is one of my favorite entrees to make for company. It's assembled the night before and popped into the oven before guests arrive, so there's plenty of time to visit.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 broiler/fryer chicken pieces (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag or a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine first nine ingredients. Add chicken pieces; turn to coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Drain, discarding all but 1 cup marinade. Place chicken in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Baked Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC