Sweet-and-Sour Baked Chicken
This is one of my favorite entrees to make for company. It's assembled the night before and popped into the oven before guests arrive, so there's plenty of time to visit.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 broiler/fryer chicken pieces (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish, combine first nine ingredients. Add chicken pieces; turn to
- coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain, discarding all but 1 cup marinade. Place chicken in a 15-in.
- x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear. Yield: 6-8
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.