- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 broiler/fryer chicken pieces (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or a glass 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine first nine ingredients. Add chicken pieces; turn to coat. Cover or close bag and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Drain, discarding all but 1 cup marinade. Place chicken in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add reserved marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Baked Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p59
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review