Sweet-and-Sour Baked Beans Recipe
This recipe has proven to be a great standby for parties, barbecues and potlucks. I especially like it because I can keep all the ingredients on hand for last-minute preparation.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) New England-style baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Add onions, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard to drippings; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in beans and bacon.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 18-20 servings.
1 cup: 167 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Sweet-and-Sour Baked Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC