My mother found this recipe while searching for something different to serve at my bridal shower. The apricots and figs make the dressing unique and tasty.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 5 cups shredded cooked turkey or cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, julienned
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, onion, poppy seeds, honey and salt. Stir in orange peel, apricots and figs; cover and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature. In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, cheese and dressing. Refrigerate for several hours. Stir in pecans just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Savory Turkey Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet and Savory Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review