Sweet and Savory Turkey Salad Recipe
My mother found this recipe while searching for something different to serve at my bridal shower. The apricots and figs make the dressing unique and tasty.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 5 cups shredded cooked turkey or cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, julienned
- 3/4 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, onion, poppy seeds, honey and salt. Stir in orange peel, apricots and figs; cover and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature. In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, cheese and dressing. Refrigerate for several hours. Stir in pecans just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet and Savory Turkey Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet and Savory Turkey Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review