Thanks to bacon, apple and sage, this stuffing bursts with delightful flavors. Make it for the holidays, but you’ll be tempted to have it during the week, too! Sharon Ferrante - Mifflintown, PA
Recommended: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 5 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 large tart apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl. Add stuffing cubes, apple, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Sweet and Savory Stuffing in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p46
Reviews for Sweet and Savory Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review